Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another Busy Weekend

Well it was another eventful weekend. Jay even had the whole weekend off for a change! Saturday we had a fuse blow for a circuit that powered the entertainment center and the aquarium. Lately whenever the filter pump loses power, it takes forever to get running again. I fooled around with the stupid thing for an hour and a half before getting pissed off enough to quit. That and it was time for us to get going. A friend of mine from high school, Brett, and his wife, Andrea, were hosting A Mid Summers Night party at their place. A lot of friends from high school were going to be there, and I was looking forward to seeing them and catching up. So, Jay and I drove up to Blaine, stopping to grab a bite to eat, and some snacks for the party on the way. It was nice to see people that I don't run into much anymore, and be amazed at how
much their kids have grown. An hour or two after we got there a big storm front moved in along with tornado watches, tornado warnings and a few inches of rain. After the storm passed, Brett told us all to come outside and see "the laser light show." The clouds of the storm that just passed over us were blazing with lightning! It must have gone on for twenty or thirty minutes easily!
Most of the kids headed inside when the storm started, and well, were being kids. I asked someone's wife to please talk Jay out of wanting kids. She countered with "You can have a couple of ours!"
Jay started yawning as midnight crept up, so we left the party and headed to Mom and Dad's boarding house for the night. Sunday morning the four of us went out for brunch. After that we headed back to Mom and Dad's place and Jay checked over their new furnace, and made some tweaks so it met his approval.
We left their place around noon because I wanted to get home and get a few things done for work before meeting up with friend Bill, and some out-of-town friends of his for dinner. Jay also reminded me on the way home that there was a fscking filter pump to deal with.
Well rolling out and testing software upgrades turned out to be easy, so onto the pump...
We inherited the aquarium and accessories from Jay's parents, and his Mom told us the pump was at least ten years old. Well, ten years sounded like a pretty good run, and I was wasn't looking forward to screwing with the thing for two hours every time something went wrong, so Jay and I just bought a new one. The new one worked as soon as I got it set up and plugged in.
By the time I was done screwing with that, it was time to go and meet Bill and his friends for dinner. We met Bill, his friend and wife, Mike, Cory, Paul and Erin at Chester's. I think it might be impossible to have a bad meal there. After dinner, Jay and I were both tired so we headed home to get ready for the week.

No comments: