Friday I worked from home because my co-worker caught something from one of his kids and he sounded like hell when I had to conference him into a call for work. Usually when one of us is out, all hell breaks loose. It wasn't too bad though. Slightly elevated levels of stupidity, but I was able to call it quits around 4:30 or 5pm.
Jay didn't exactly make it through the day unscathed though. He actually has the whole weekend off including Friday, so he was running around doing domestic stuff. Sometime around noon Jay got out the clippers and was going to cut his hair. I was working in the office across the hall when I heard angry yelling. I ran into the bathroom and saw that there was a minor problem. See the picture to the right. Several people (including his Mom) has told him to just shave it all down, but I guess he's going to let it grow out, and just wear a hat to work in the meantime.
Friday night Jay, our friend Bill, and I went to a supper club in Miesville. They had a really great steak dinner. I'm glad I ordered the medium size because I barely finished that!
Saturday was pretty low key. About the only interesting thing we did was drive out to a grocery store in Kasson. Jay read something in the paper about how this little store had 45+ different types of brats. They've got some wild choices like taco, hash browns and cheese, Viking, Packer, bacon cheeseburger and pizza just to name a few.
Today we started watching No Country for Old Men. Jay went to make pancakes about half way through, and our friends Paul and Erin came over. They were going to pick up a litter box, and some cat toys that Snuggle never plays with. Erin joined us for pancakes, and we chatted for a little before they packed up all the loot and went off to look for their first kitty.
We finished watching the movie, and right now we're suffering through Saturday Night Live. Michael Phelps was hosting last night. In case you were wondering SNL still isn't funny. Remember when it used to be funny? Yeah, not since high school.
Later today we're going to a retirement party for a co-worker of Jay's, then back to the grind tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment