Sorry if it seems like I keep prattling on about getting a Prius, but it will be my first new car ever! Also I'm really looking forward to fewer trips to the gas station. Right now I'm paying almost $50 to fill up the tank, and that commute is a real killer!
So, I went back to the Toyota dealer yesterday afternoon. I found out my car has been allocated, which means Toyota is building it, and I should see it by the end of the month!
The guy that I took the test drive with in April had "moved on" but his replacement had agreed to honor the quote I was given by his predecessor. That is until Toyota decided to bump up the price of all the vehicles they manufacture. The explanation essentially boiled down to 'the price of doing business has gone up.' I was assured in a conspirational whisper that I was still getting a really good deal on the car. (* cough *) I'll have to do some checking to see if that's true or if the dealership is just trying to screw me over...
I feel like they kind of have me over a barrel, because if they are trying to screw me, and I just walk out they've got 85 more people waiting for a Prius, and the wait is as long as eight months! Does anyone else wish buying a car was a little less like psychological warfare?
We also discussed some financing options. I've already been pre-approved for a loan through my credit union. Right now it sounds like Toyota can meet, but not beat, the interest rate the credit union will give me. I'm suppose to get a call from Toyota Finance in the next week and I presume they'll have some firm numbers.
Eight days until vacation in Chicago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment