Well today started off on a mixed note. Jay planned to take his car in to get the air conditioning looked at, and I was suppose to follow him to the garage and give him a ride home. Well I lost track of him after five or six blocks. Then I realize, I have no idea what garage he's going to! So I call him and I don't get an answer so I turn around and go home to wait for his call. That's when I noticed he left his phone at home... No problem, I'll wait for him to call from the garage and I'll go get him.
So I waited. And waited.
Ate breakfast, and waited.
Took a shower, and waited.
Got ready for work, and waited.
I didn't know what else to do, so I left a note for Jay to call me when he got home safe, and I went to work. I was almost there when he called and said he realized he never told me where the garage was, and he didn't know what my mobile number was, so he walked home...
Well it's a good thing the AC in his car is fixed, because the trains still aren't running. The tracks somewhere in Wisconsin are under 22" of water, so we'll be driving to Chicago. Actually the trains are suppose to be up and running by Saturday, so we could have taken a bus out, and the train back. Assuming of course that the train really started running again by Monday when we wanted to go home. The bus didn't sound appealing so that left us with driving. The upside of driving is we can stop in Madison on the way back and visit a friend of mine from college, Grace!
Chicago, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment